Please note that any communications or transmission of information to us or to any member of our firm for marketing purposes or to request information about HRE/ELS, through the use of our website or otherwise, is not intended to create a client relationship, and receipt of which will not constitute, a solicitor-client relationship.
Collection, Use and Disclosure
Unless permitted or required by law, no Personal Information is collected about an individual, without first obtaining the consent of the individual to the collection, use and dissemination of that Personal Information. Consent can be express or implied depending on the context and nature of the Personal Information at issue. When HRE/ELS acts as agents and service providers for third parties, we will rely on the consents obtained by such third parties to disclose information to us.
The type of information that may be collected includes but is not limited to your name, contact information, billing and account information, information relevant to the client’s matter or legal service.
HRE and ELS does not sell, loan, trade, barter or exchange or otherwise disclose any Personal Information it has obtained to anyone outside of our companies, unless the disclosure is necessary to provide the services for which we have been retained or as agreed to you in advance of the disclosure, including but not limited to disclosure to our Agents.
We collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Establishing and managing client relationships, providing human resources consulting or legal advice to our clients on relevant matters
- Sharing personal information with third parties, Agents or otherwise, for the sole purpose of providing our services in the context of human resource consulting or legal services
- Contacting and communicating with clients and other individuals for the purpose of conducting market research, and evaluating client service and satisfaction
- distributing our publications and invitations to events to individuals who subscribe to our mailing lists (if you do not wish to receive these publications and invitations, please let us know and we will not continue to send them to you)
- To develop and manage our business and operations
- Administrative purposes, including but not limited to accounting, billing and collection in relation to your account and your relationship with HRE/ELS
- Communication between you and the HR Consultant or Legal Professional including assistants and clerks, generally as well as communicating information to our Agents in the course of a contract or providing our services to you
- Communicating to you on seminars and other events that may be of interest to you, and the delivery of an invitation to such seminars or events, including educational, networking or other seminars hosted by HRE/ELS
- Detecting and protecting against fraud and error, negligence, breach of contract, theft and other illegal activity, and where necessary to meet our insurance requirements
- Communicating with our insurers
- Responding to your questions or concerns, as submitted by you through our website
- As permitted by, and to comply with, applicable legal or regulatory requirements or provisions, as well as our professional obligations vis-a-vis the Law Society of Ontario.
The amount of time we will retain Personal Information varies, depending on the services we have provided to you and the nature of the Personal Information we hold. This period typically extends past your immediate relationship with HRE/ELS but will be only as long as is necessary for us to maintain sufficient information to respond to any issues that arise at a later date and as required by law or regulatory requirements. Once the Personal Information is no longer needed, we will utilize the procedures we have in place to safely destroy, delete, erase or otherwise dispose of the information in a secure manner.
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We therefore use industry standard technology and security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information to protect it from loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us, whether personally, through our website or otherwise, is no longer secure (e.g., you suspect that the security of your personal information has been compromised), we ask that you immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
Third Party Websites
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external third-party websites (“Third Party Websites”). HRE/ELS is not responsible for the content, security, privacy practices of the Third-Party Websites, nor any external links contained in the Third-Party Websites.
HRE/ELE endeavors to ensure that any Personal Information provided to us and in our position is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which HRE/ELS uses that information. Upon request, you may review the Personal Information we have collected and where appropriate you may request that we update it or correct any errors by writing to HRE/ELS at the email address provided below. HRE/ELS will endeavour to respond to and comply with your request for updating or correction as soon as reasonably possible.
Paralegal, HR Consultant